The skills tested in this exam are the foundation for system administration across many Red Hat products.
By passing this exam, you become an RHCE®, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
This exam is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 8 and Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.7.
EX294 Exam Preparation Tips
Be able to perform all tasks expected of a Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- Understand and use essential tools
- Operate running systems
- Configure local storage
- Create and configure file systems
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems
- Manage users and groups
- Manage security
Understand core components of Ansible
- Configuration files
Install and configure an Ansible control node
- Install required packages
- Create a static host inventory file
- Create a configuration file
Configure Ansible managed nodes
- Create and distribute SSH keys to managed nodes
- Configure privilege escalation on managed nodes
- Validate a working configuration using ad hoc Ansible commands
Script administration tasks
- Create simple shell scripts
- Create simple shell scripts that run ad hoc Ansible commands
Create and use static inventories to define groups of hosts
Create Ansible plays and playbooks
- Know how to work with commonly used Ansible modules
- Use variables to retrieve the results of running a command
- Use conditionals to control play execution
- Configure error handling
- Create playbooks to configure systems to a specified state
Use Ansible modules for system administration tasks that work with:
- Software packages and repositories
- Firewall rules
- File systems
- Storage devices
- File content
- Scheduled tasks
- Users and groups
Create and use templates to create customized configuration files
- Work with Ansible variables and facts
- Create and work with roles
- Download roles from an Ansible Galaxy and use them
- Manage parallelism
- Use Ansible Vault in playbooks to protect sensitive data
- Use provided documentation to look up specific information about Ansible modules and command
- As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
- Recognition in the industry.
- Increased customer confidence.
- Proof of knowledge and skills.
- Certification verification tool for employers.
- Use of the certification logo on business cards.
- Ability to access multiple Red Hat Certificated Professional (RHCP) online communities (like Facebook and LinkedIn).
- Special offers on training and events.
- Use the Red Hat Certified Professional job search.
Who should Apply
- RHCSAs who wish to earn a more senior-level credential.
- Experienced senior system administrators who have not yet certified.
- Course participants in Red Hat Training who have completed System Administration I, II, and II, or who have completed the RHCE Rapid Track Course.
- Experienced system administrators who require certification for their job or by mandate (e.g., US Department of Defense Directive 8570).
- Candidates for RHCE must also earn a RHCSA certification. Candidates may take the RHCE Exam (EX300) before the RHCSA Exam (EX200), but the RHCSA must be earned before RHCE is awarded.
- The RHCE Exam consists of 1 section lasting up to 3.5 hours.
- The exam is performance-based, meaning that candidates must perform tasks on a live system, rather than answering questions about how someone might perform those tasks.
- Real-world experience is valuable preparation for this hands-on exam.
- RHCEs certified on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 are considered current for 3 years after the date on which the certification was earned. Current status can be extended by passing additional Red Hat exams. See recertification policies for more information.
RHCE Certification Cost :
Rs.16,500 + Tax(18%)