An IT professional who has earned the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) is able to perform the core system administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments. The credential is earned after successfully passing the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Exam (EX200).
Prove your skills and knowledge
A Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) is able to perform the following tasks:
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services
- Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration
Is this certification right for you?
The RHCSA certification is designed for:
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills
- Students who have attended Red Hat System Administration I and II and are on the path to earn RHCSA certification
- Experienced Linux system administrators who require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate (DOD 8570 directive)
- IT professionals who are on the path to earn a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification
- RHCEs who are non-current or who are about to become non-current and wish to re-certify as RHCEs
Test your skills and knowledge
EX200 - Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam
The performance-based Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200) tests your knowledge and skill in areas of system administration common across a wide range of environments and deployment scenarios. You must be an RHCSA to earn a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification.
The best way to learn is to do
In preparation to earn the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat recommends the following:
For Windows system administrators: